1. W Sperl et al., 'Reversible hepatic veno-occlusive disease in an infant after consumption of pyrrolizidine-containing herbal tea', European Journal of Pediatrics, 154 (1995), 112-16.
2. V Stenkamp, M. J. Stewart, and M. Zuckerman, 'Clinical and analytical aspects of pyrrolizidine poisoning caused by South African traditional medicines', Therapeutic Drug Monitoring, 22 (2000), 302.
3. J. Mann, Murder, Magic, and Medicine, Oxford, Oxford University Press, 1994,53.
4. J. H. Gaddum, Pharmacology, 5th edn., Oxford, Oxford University Press, 1959.
5. R. A. Christison, Treatise on Poisons, Edinburgh, A. & C. Black, 1836, quoted in Polson, Green, and Lee, Clinical Toxicology, 402.
6. British Pharmacopoeia (1973), quoted in Polson, Green, and Lee, Clinical Toxicology, 403.
7. Polson, Green, and Lee, Clinical Toxicology, 405-6.
8. R. J. Flanagan and A. L. Jones, Antidotes, London, Taylor & Francis, 2001, 97.
9. Mann, Murder, Magic, and Medicine, 40.
Was this article helpful?
Are you fed up with your frequent headache pain? 101 Simple Ways to Attack Your Headache BEFORE the Pain Starts Guaranteed No Pain, No Fear, Full Control Normal Life Again Headaches can stop you from doing all the things you love. Seeing friends, playing with the kids... even trying to watch your favorite television shows.