The following safety precautions are recommended when anyone uses a hot tub, spa, or whirlpool:
• A locked safety cover should always be used; young children should be kept away from spas or hot tubs unless there is constant adult supervision.
• The spa must have dual drains and drain covers as required by current safety standards.
• A professional should check the spa or hot tub on a regular basis and make sure it is in good, safe working condition, and that drain covers are in place and not cracked or missing.
• Homeowners should know where the cutoff switch is located for the spa pump so it can be turned off in an emergency.
• No one should use the spa while drinking alcohol.
• The water temperature in the spa should be at 104°F or below.
Was this article helpful?